Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Sunday! *Off-Topic*

     Today, I woke up feeling really crappy. Not physically, but I felt emotionally defeated and depleted.  I know we all have days where we feel less than useful, but I’m tired of feeling like this.  Deep down in my heart of hearts, I KNOW that God loves me and that I am worth something to Him. 

     I think maybe a little too often I look for God in all the wrong places.  Well at least that’s what I believe God is revealing to me right now.  A pastor at a church I used to go to once explained it like this:

     So, I hear from Christians all the time about how they’re so tired of looking for the perfect man or woman to date/marry. They tell me all about their efforts and it usually goes like this. . . “Pastor Steve, I went down to the Red Tavern last night and there wasn’t a single wholesome Christian woman/man in sight!”

     Funny, right? Gee, I wonder why they didn’t find a mate with strong values.  (DISCLAIMER: Yes, I too go to bars and I’m not demeaning any one who enjoys it. I just know that it’s a pretty long shot to go there with pure expectations Smile.  This story was purely about seeking the wrong thing in the wrong place- not to lecture about how immoral bars are! LOL)

Now, this is where I compare this tale to my own life.  When I need God the most, am I looking for Him in the right places? Do I go to a bar hoping to find Jesus? Not typically Winking smile.  But, do I reach out to find God anywhere but UP most of the time? Unfortunately, YES!

     The natural reaction to anything should be to pray, praise, worship, etc.  What do I do? Let’s see: pick up the phone, call on other Christians and non-believers alike, talk to negative people, go shopping, smoke (not anymore!!!,) eat, drink, be falsely merry. . .well, you get the point, right?

    None of these things satisfy my desire and my longing for the One and True KING of KINGS! I have to stop looking in places I don’t belong!  God doesn’t care what I or YOU have done, His grace and mercy cover ALL. . .I know this, but why do I always try to run from grace?! It’s a darn good thing I’m not that fast! haha. No, even YOU can’t outrun Grace!

     So, right now, as I publish this unpolished blog, I want YOU to know that I’m praying for YOU and I’m praying for me. I’m also praying that God blesses me with faster legs (Gotta put something about my fitness goals in here haha- [outrun man, but not GRACE!]), but an even stronger heart.

I love you, Lord! Let my ways honor you and help me to seek You where You truly are and for who You truly are. . .

1 comment:

  1. Following you again 'cause my old google account got erased :(

    ReplyDelete