Friday, July 13, 2012

Stepping out of THE boat!

   
       It's been about 9 months since my last post.  It feels like forever and a lot has happened to me since then.  Well, nothing has actually happened to me, I've happened to "it" so to speak.  I use these words and phrases because I believe that I'm not a victim in my life; I do have a certain amount of control over what is going on.  Actually, I can't say that this has been a season of achieving dreams, but I can say that it has been and still is a season of preparation in my life.  I can't say completely why this is, but I do know that that's what God has laid on my heart.  I'm no longer a woman who sits on the sidelines letting dust just settle around her.  I have had my share of shortcomings and trials, but as I sit here, I feel like I've grown stronger as a woman.  
     Right now I'm seeking to walk down a new path in my career.  I also finally mustered the courage to join a gym in February (It might not sound like a terrible feat, but for a very self- conscious, out of shape, and discouraged girl, it certainly was not easy).  I had been battling with myself internally for literally years.  I was and still am (sometimes) trying to find the best workout with being seen the least.  I've overcome a lot of these fears and this sense of shame, but I still cringe at the thought of getting on a workout machine amidst a bunch of super fit people.  However, the difference between then and now is that now I get over myself and just do it! My body does not belong to me anyway, it is totally God's and I've got to take care of it! Deep down, I do realize that it's just a confidence issue- I'm not some ogre or anything LOL (If I could just convince myself of this)
     God has also began a journey of healing within me.  I'm still not to the point where I can openly share much with people in my inner circle (It's weird- I feel much more comfortable talking to strangers about a lot), but many of my chains of the past are being loosed.  I don't know why I'm so afraid to surrender it all to God, I guess it's a deep down fear that I'll hurt worse because people will see the real me.  I'm working on coming to a place of loving myself. I guess the fact that I've had this realization is the beginning of the staircase that I need to climb in order to resolve the issues.  
        I've really been opening up to God more and realizing that I can and should be "raw" in His prescence.  Because of this, I can feel a real transformation within myself.  To be honest, I really don't know where to end this post.  I hope that you can understand my ramblings.  Honestly, this is more for me than it is for you.  I need an outlet and I don't do well with paper journals.  I hope you'll comment though!
Humbly yours,
Ashley!
PS How can I pray for you in this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment